- What are the hours of operation of the front office?
Our front office hours are from 9:00am until 9:00pm (July & August). Hours of operation in the off-season are from 9:00am – 5:00pm. If you will be arriving after 9:00pm, please contact us at 1-902-963-2181 to arrange a special check-in for you.
- Can I walk to the beach?Yes! We are a 15-minute walk to the beach and a 5-minute drive to the Cavendish National Park. Complimentary National Park access.
- Do you allow pets?
We at Cavendish Country Inn love pets and understand a family vacation sometimes includes your pet. Pets are welcome, but we do ask you follow some of our pet friendly policies. There will be an additional $15 cleaning fee charged per pet for each night of your stay with us. We ask that your pet(s) not be left unattended in cottage or excessive barking causing disturbances to other guests. We also ask that pets be leashed at all times on the grounds and, if left in your unit while you are gone, please utilize your kennel as our staff will be entering to provide your daily housekeeping.
- What are the rates based on?Inn and Suite room rates are based on 2 people, 2-bedroom and motel units are based on family of 4, 3 bedroom cottage rates are based on 6 people and 4 bedroom cottage rates are based on 8 people. Extra person would be charged at $10 per person per night.
- What is your check-in and check-out times?Check-in is typically 4:00pm on the day of arrival, however please call us in advance if anything; if your rental is available earlier, we will be happy to check you in early. Check-out time is 10:00am on your day of departure.
- What is the deposit required to book?To confirm your reservation with us, we do require a deposit at time of booking. A deposit equal to the rental rate for one-night stay is payable upon making a reservation.
- What forms of payment do you accept?We accept Visa, MasterCard, Debt and Cash.
- Will I need a credit card upon arrival?Payment is due in full at check-in.
- What is your noise/damage policy?We ask our guests to be respectful of their neighbours. Excessive noise is not tolerated and if we receive any complaints from other guests, a warning will be given. If excessive noise continues and a second warning is given, a disturbance fee may be applied to your credit card. The same policy is in place if the cottage has incurred any damage during your stay with us and a damage fee will be applied to your credit card.
No stag or stagette parties accepted.
- What are the dates of operation?We operate from May – September.
- Where can I watch the sunset?Prince Edward Island has beautiful sunsets you can view from your cottage deck or walk down to the beach.
- What is the tax rate on PEI?Prince Edward Island has a harmonized sales tax of 15%.
- What will the weather be like?Spring is comfortable. Late May and early June are alive with colour and temperatures usually range from 8 to 22 degrees C (46 to 71 degrees F). Summer is hot, but rarely humid. We wear short sleeves. Daytime temperatures are usually in the 20s (70s) and can go as high as 32 degrees C (90 degrees F). Autumn is clear and bright. September afternoons can be quite warm with temperatures cooling off in the evenings. Temperatures range from 8 to 22 degrees C (46 to 71 degrees F). Winter is crisp and clean. Temperatures usually range from -3 to -11 degrees C (26 to 11 degrees F).
- What amenities do the cottages have?Garbage & Bottle Service is provided daily
Clean towels delivered daily
Linens are provided with all cottages
Private deck with picnic table and barbeque for cottages; executive suites have a shared deck space
Coin-operated laundry in main building
Full kitchen facilities and cooking utensils
Complimentary National Park access
Access to outdoor lobster cooker, lobster bibs, crackers & picks
Free WiFi Internet
Outdoor heated pool
Pet-Friendly – $15 per pet, per day cleaning fee will apply
Common fire pit
Large playground which can be viewed from most cottage decks
Driving distance to beaches, shopping, restaurants, activities
- Is there wireless internet on site?Yes, wireless internet access is accessible in all Suites & Cottages at no extra charge.
- Do you allow tents or trailers to be set up beside our cottage?Unfortunately, we do not allow tents or trailers to be parked overnight on the rental properties. Please note there are 4 great campgrounds close by.
- What do we need to bring with us?Almost everything is provided for you during your stay with us. We recommend you take beach towels as linens are not permitted outside the cottages.
For your convenience, we have the following items available for sale at the front desk:
Bags of Ice – $3.00
Tide & Bounce – $0.50 each
We also have Sandspit Amusement Park passes and Shining Waters Family Fun Park passes available at the front desk.
- Where is the closest Liquor Store?There is a small private Liquor Store located at the Cavendish Tourist Mart (5 minute drive). A full service liquor store is located in North Rustico (10 minute drive).
- Where is the closest Grocery Store?Cavendish Tourist Mart offers convenience grocery shopping (5 minute drive). There is also a grocery store located in North Rustico (10 minute drive).
- Are cribs and high chairs available?Yes, we offer these items at no additional charge. It is recommended that you request items at time of booking to ensure availability.
- What is the cancellation policy?The Guest acknowledges that because of the short rental season in Prince Edward Island, they are buying the time available in the cottage and they own that time slot.
For cancellations received 30 days prior to the arrival date, deposits will be returned in full, with the exception of a $20.00 credit card processing fee. For cancellations received 30 days or less prior to your arrival date, your full deposit will be non-refundable. Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to this policy.
- How do I cancel my reservation?As a courtesy, if you can’t make your reservation and it is less than 30 days prior to arrival, you still need to contact us to cancel or you will be responsible for the cost of the entire stay.
If you need to cancel your reservation with us, we kindly ask that you forward your request in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special policies apply for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival time periodPlease contact us for more details